Builders trailer insurance
If you are looking for cheap builders trailer insurance, either for business or because you are a keen DIYer, HIC can construct a deal that fits the bill.
No matter what you use your trailer for, to carry building waste, large tools, machinery, generators or building materials, you really should get your trailer and its contents covered by suitable insurance.
Towing your trailer with your van or car may cover it for road risks, but the standard motor policy will not cover fire, theft, accidental damage or public liability. That could leave you at huge financial risk in the event of a mishap.
HIC builders insurance policies are hand-picked to offer:
- Cover for trailers worth up to £15,000
- Up to £1m public accident liability cover
- New for old cover if your trailer is up to 3 years old at the time of a claim
- 30 days European green card cover for all EU countries
Helpful hints for using your trailer for building purposes:
- You must fit extra mirrors on your towing vehicle If your cargo causes an obstruction to the rear view mirror
- The weight of your trailer and its contents must be less than the vehicle's towing capacity; it must not be more than 85% of the car's kerbside weight if the trailer has brakes, or 50% if it doesn't
- The maximum permitted trailer width on UK and EU roads is 2.55m
- Towing allowances will be different, depending on when you passed your driving test (before or after 01.01.97)
An HIC trailer insurance policy can help you build a better future
HIC's experts can answer questions about builders trailer insurance. Call 0330 123 1 840 free from a mobile, 0344 381 6530 from a landline, or go to the online quote service.
HIC has other insurance policies for many more specialist trailers including horse boxes, boat trailers, flat beds, trailer tents, builders trailer, garden trailer, luggage trailer, teardrop trailer and trailer tent but if you use an ordinary trailer, there is a policy for that too.