HIC Green Card insurance goes further
HIC's Green Card car insurance goes miles further to keep you protected when you are driving abroad.
Not only does it keep you covered on your Channel-hopping trip to Europe's major tourist destinations such as Paris, Milan and Rome,, but it now also covers you in more exotic and far flung locations such as Iceland and Morocco, and even Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
More countries to visit with Green Card cover
That means as well as having peace-of-mind insurance cover for countries in the European Community (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, France, Finland, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovak Republic) you can also visit and drive with confidence in:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- San Marino
- T.F.Y.R.O.M (The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)
- Vatican City
Why do I need Green Card insurance?
The Green Card is an internationally recognised certificate of insurance providing visiting motorists the minimum compulsory insurance cover required by the law of the country visited.
HIC offers a more flexible Green Card
Most insurance companies can only offer Green Card cover for 30 or 60 days. With HIC you can get extended European Green Card insurance covering you in the UK and EU 365 days a year and you are also insured for a defined short term outside the EU.
Or if its a single trip to one of the designated countries outside the EU you can get a flexible short-term policy offering cover for anything from one day to three months.
Extra features for your Green Card policy
Our specialist policies are tailor-made for the needs drivers travelling to Europe and beyond - here are some of the features you can expect from your policy.
- Flexible limited mileage options
- Cover for all types of car, including motorhomes and campers
- Independent Agreed Value cover (optional)
- Salvage retention
- Uninsured loss recovery for non-fault claims
- Free legal cover up to £100,000
- Cover for left hand drive models
- Short period cover for banger rally cars
- Breakdown cover even in the remotest of places
Key Points about your Green Card cover:
- The vehicle insured must be a UK registered vehicle.
- You are only entitled to travel to countries outside the EU if you have disclosed full details of which countries you will be visiting and the dates you plan to visit. This information will be confirmed on your Green Card document which you must take with you.
- Even with a Green Card you will need to take out travel insurance to cover lost personal items and/or cancellation cover for pre-booked tickets if an accident occurs.
- If you have agreed it with us and have the valid green card, and are travelling to either Albania, Belarus, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine, cover will be Third Party only.
Getting HIC Green Card insurance cover couldn't be easier
Call HIC on 0344 381 6530, use our online call back service (by either filling in the email form telling us when you would like us to call you or by texting the word 'Quote' to 07781 472736) or get an Green Card insurance quote online by clicking the button below.
Terms and conditions apply.
07781 472736 )
Terms and Conditions apply