European Car Insurance from HIC

With all the sun, sea and good food the Med has to offer, it's no wonder the continent is becoming home to more and more British expats escaping abroad to start a new relaxed life in the sun.

Whether you've moved away to work on your tan, enjoy the Mediterranean diet or simply to start a new job, you'll probably be swamped with all the admin and hassle that comes with an international move and that's before you've even considered your car insurance.

It's a sad fact that many foreign insurance companies can struggle with insuring British cars owned by expats especially if you need to drive back to the UK regularly for work or to visit family and friends.

Thankfully, at HIC, we offer a specialist expat insurance policy, providing you with comprehensive car insurance whilst you live and drive across Europe, and offering you green card insurance when you come back to the UK.

As long as you keep your UK-registered car abroad for at least 8 months of the year, we'll provide cover that allows you to use your car, van or campervan on the road in Europe that you drove in the UK eliminating the need to buy a new car abroad.

Keeping You Insured Whilst Living Abroad

To provide the very best in cover, peace of mind and reassurance whilst you're driving your car at home or abroad, our policy has been designed to include the following benefits :

  • Cover for all types of car, camper and motorhome tailoring a policy to meet your exact vehicle's needs
  • Left-hand drive, import, exclusive and modified cars all covered
  • Independent agreed value cover available, helping you to recoup the true value of your car after an accident
  • Uninsured loss recovery for non-fault claims
  • Legal cover up to £100,000
  • Salvage retention options after an accident

To get a quote on expat car insurance today, call our team on 0344 381 6530, or complete the callback form to request a ring from us.

Expat Insurance In Spain and Portugal

For decades the Iberian Peninsula has been a popular retreat for British expats, whether for people looking to retire abroad, move for work or just spend a few months a year living in the sun.

Whatever car you own, and wherever you're planning to move to, the HIC Expat policy can give you the comprehensive cover and peace of mind that you need.

Visit our expat insurance in Spain, expat insurance in Switzerland, and expat insurance in Portugal pages for more information, or call us today on 0344 381 6530

Terms and conditions apply.