Green Card Insurance for Switzerland

Whatever your reason for moving to Switzerland, the stunning scenery, warm summers on Lake Geneva, retreating to an Alpine lodge, or just heading to the continent for work you might find it hard to insure your UK-registered car.

Frustratingly for many British expats in Switzerland and throughout Europe, many foreign insurance companies can struggle with insuring British cars usually through differing regulations on insurance standards, motoring laws, car servicing requirements, and more.

Moving abroad can be stressful at the best of times, never mind when trying to juggle a new home, new job and sorting out your car and insurance.

To take some of the stress and worry out of moving, HIC can provide car insurance in Switzerland for expats driving UK-registered cars. You won't have to worry about calling foreign companies, or struggling through a language barrier to sort your insurance - we'll handle it all here from our UK offices.

Get comprehensive car insurance in Switzerland

As long as you keep your car in Switzerland, or another European country, for at least eight months of the year, you can get specialist expat car insurance from HIC.

Just some of the benefits and features of the policy can include :

  • Cover for all types of car, camper and motorhomes
  • Optional agreed value cover
  • Free legal cover up to £100,000 included as standard
  • Salvage retention
  • Limited mileage options available
  • Cover available for left hand drive models
  • Uninsured loss recovery for non-fault claims

We can insure any car or camper abroad, both in Switzerland and a wide range of other European countries€“ providing comprehensive cover whilst driving abroad and the insurance you need to come home to the UK too.

To get a free quote today for expat car insurance, call us on 0344 381 6530 or use our online callback or quote button to get an instant quote.